Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Silvermine TT by Maria



Luckily it didn't rain as the weather people predicted, but it sure was juicy out and the wet roads kept a number of riders from showing. The course was easy to follow, beautiful and the hospitality and organization of the event were top notch.

The course started with some climbs on Seven Lakes Drive. The rolling hills lasted about 3 miles and then it was relatively flat. After the turn-around, I finally gained time on the woman in front of me. I managed to pass her, but never caught up to Bonnie from NY Velocity who was sent off 2 minutes ahead of me. She was my unrealistic rabbit to catch. Bonnie had a great ride and finished in 3rd.

My only mistake in this race was thinking that there was a bit of climbing at the end of the race. The rolling hills I had climbed at the start seemed like nothing on the way back because of the momentum from a descent. I saved myself too much for the end climbs and was shocked to see the finish line. I sprinted to the line knowing that I didn't ride my hardest since my legs felt great. Ooops.

I was convinced I messed up placing well since I felt like I could keep riding afterwards, but to my surprise I won by 50 seconds. I was so happy that I didn't mind putting on my sweaty team jersey again for a few photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home