Sunday, September 03, 2006

Pathetic

You just know a race hasn't gone well when the conversation in the car goes like this:

"I was just pathetic. That corner! I must have gone 3 miles per hour every time through that corner."

"No, you were fine. I was pathetic. I chased on every single lap!"

"You're both nuts. I was way more pathetic than both of you. I mean, I'm the sprinter and for some reason, I thought going through the u-turn in 10th was going to work out? I'm pathetic."

One thing we did all agree on was that the very short course in Denville, NJ was not at all fun. Thanks to a flood taking out part of the course, it was edited down to 4/10 of a mile. Two proper turns in quick succession, followed by a u-turn into a headwind. Repeat 25 times, and there's only one word for it.

Pathetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home